Quick Summary of What is Data Governance and Key Best Practices
We are often asked about data governance such as what is it and what are some key best practices in data governance. This post summarizes our thoughts on this. We have many recorded webinars that are available on these topics that will go into more detail.
What is Data Governance?
(If you would rather see a video on our thoughts on What is Data Governance for Higher Education check out this YouTube video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mIUlOAWpLkc)
Governing What? (the content)
- Data Definitions
- Specifications - Reports/Extracts
- Data Requests
- Data System Inventory and Lineage
- Data Quality
- Data Access
- Data Security
What is Governance? (the stewardship, processes, completeness and adoption)
- Standard, Controlled, and Understood Processes
- Agreed-upon and Complete Information
- Adoption, Buy-in, and Use of Information
Data Governance Best Practices
(If you would rather see a video on our thoughts on an Overview of Data Governance Best Practices for Higher Education check out this YouTube video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jfd_Kk-GU_s)
- Data Request Process
- Knowledge Base - Dictionary, Data System Inventory and Specifications
- Data Stewardship
- Just-in-time Data Governance
- Building Trust during Report Consumption
If you would like more information regarding our data governance services or our Data Cookbook solution, which is the leading higher education solution for data governance, then feel free to contact us.